Iceberg written by Claire Saxby and illustrated by Jess Racklyeft may just be the triumph of 2022 picture books. A must-have, keep forever type book for your classroom library…
Books+Publishing says: ‘Richly informative and brimming with detailed facts presented in lyrical, sophisticated, evocative language … Text and image balance each other perfectly in their delicate yet powerful tone. An expert merging of knowledge with grace.’
This stunning book offers a raft of quality text teaching opportunities.
- Word choice! This book is filled with rich descriptive vocabulary. Explore synonyms for less common words.
- Use the five +1 senses writing technique to write about what it would be like in Antarctica during the year.
- Explore the changing seasons and the variety of wild life that live and visit throughout the year.
- Have student’s research Antarctica and write an information report.
- Build an Iceberg and it’s environment diorama.